Do you know what it is to have Unshakeable Confidence?
A truly great communicator is someone who can translate human thoughts, feelings and emotions, making them come alive so that others are moved by them; but for many people, sharing ourselves, our emotions and feelings and creating a genuine connection with others can be a very challenging task.
The ultimate challenge is to be willing and able to cause people to feel something, to have an experience. How to do this is an art—but not a mystery.
How Can I have Unshakeable Confidence? Here are a few steps to get you started on your journey:
1. Create an internal, independent support system.
Practice showing yourself the kindness, patience, love, and forgiveness you endeavor to extend to others. Psychotherapist Cynthia Wall writes “No one can be as consistently supportive of you as you can learn to be…Loving and caring for yourself not only increases self-trust, it also deepens your connection with others.”
2. Know, accept, and appreciate who and what you are.
It starts with your awareness of and appreciation for your unique qualities. What makes you “You”? If you can’t accept and truly appreciate who you are, others can tell and it will seriously undermine your power and influence—and confidence.
3. Recognize that you are armed with all this ammunition to sustain and encourage yourself and build self-esteem. Sometimes acting as if you have confidence can be indistinguishable from the real thing and gives you the experience of being seen as confident. Then, when people treat you as a confident person it is self-reinforcing: it helps you build the natural, genuine confidence that is so compelling and powerful.
4. Make sure you are ready to risk failure and success
You will find that success is rooted in your ability to understand and express your life force, the vitality and motivation that drives and inspires you. Though failure seems like the greater risk, make sure you are prepared for all that may come along with the success you desire!
5. Begin to explore and build on a foundation of trusting your impulses and perceptions.
Trusting yourself doesn’t mean you have to achieve perfection. It simply means that you acknowledge that you possess within you the strength, intelligence, and kindness to get through any situation with grace. Trust that you can and will make the right decisions for you.
Once you become more aware, accepting, and appreciative of who you are, you can accept the challenge of becoming your greatest self. This will put you on the road to Unshakeable Confidence– the ability to stand with responsibility, power, and poise in the face of any situation.