Lately, I’ve talked a lot about attending Steve Harrison’s National Publicity Summit. Coming face-to-face with the reality of what I do, the heart of my business, and how to communicate this was almost overwhelming.
I was so inspired by what I learned there. So much information and guidance were made available to those attending on how to achieve your goals and, of course, I wanted to get everything done at once.
The many unique and new ways to market Laurie Burton Training have caused me to look deep into the heart of this business.
The experience has helped me to realize that:
- There is so much more that I feel about what I do
- There are so many different ways to get my word out
- There are so many benefits I’ll be able to provide you
It was so important for me to come face-to-face with my gift, to realize this special ability and take it in again. I never truly embraced it, gave thanks for it.
- How rewarding it is to teach people how to communicate with enthusiasm and passion
- How rewarding to help others come face-to-face with their fears, overcome them and take charge of their lives
- How rewarding to know that this is my calling; this is doing what I love
Through the process of developing news ways to market my business, I came face-to-face with me again
What a surprise! There I was the face of Laurie Burton Training. It had been a long time since I had said to myself, “Laurie, look at what you have accomplished.”
We forget to count our blessings, to give ourselves credit for what we have accomplished, or acknowledge that we are doing the work required to get our message out there.
- How long has it been since you patted yourself on the back and came face-to-face with the fact that you’re doing a good job?
- How long since you’ve communicated with your heart and told yourself, “I’m proud of you.”
Take stock of how much you do in a day. Are you proud of yourself? Or are you in the ‘tough on yourself’ category.
Can you imagine how much more you could accomplish if you just came face-to-face with your heart and listened to it?
So much of our society is devoted to judging people, but none more than ourselves!
Try these exercises for living, loving, expressing, and communicating with your heart:
- Stop the stampede to success for just a few minutes and communicate something positive to yourself.
- Sit quietly and just breathe. Focus on you, eyes closed. What have you done or accomplished or trying to accomplish in your life that you are proud of?
- Love and appreciate who you are, where you’ve been and where you want to go.
Have questions about the art of communication? I’ve put my heart into writing the book that provides clarity, charisma and confidence. Get your copy TODAY!
And GET MY FREE GIFT TO YOU – 15 Fear-Busting Tips for Speakers PLUS 15 minutes with me on Skype and 15% off your first Stop the Anxiety Coaching session!